We respect your privacy
- "Personal information" means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is readily identifiable.
Collection of personal information
- Mizzen Group may, from time to time, collect personal information you enter onto our Website, provide to us directly or give to us in other forms. The information you provide to us is collected to enhance and improve your use of the Website, and to keep you informed of upcoming events and our activities that might be relevant to you. It is also collected to allow us to provide the functions and services offered on the Website to you. Other personal information we collect is for the purpose of providing our services.
- You may provide personal information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- We may also collect other information you provide while interacting with us.
- We do not collect sensitive information regarding your race, ethnicity or personal political, religious or philosophical beliefs etc.
How we collect your personal information
- Mizzen Group collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we provide our services to you. We will generally collect personal information directly from you.
- If someone other than you provides us with personal information about you that we did not ask for and we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you as soon as practicable. However, this notice will not be provided if doing so would be a breach of an obligation of confidence. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy that personal information.
Use of your personal information
- Mizzen Group uses personal information collected from you to provide you with the Website and our services, together with relevant information and updates. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Mizzen Group uses personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services. We may also use it for other purposes for which you might reasonably expect us to use that information. This includes sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone, email, sms or any form of electronic communication. You authorise us to use any email address or other contact information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
- You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you opt out of receiving marketing material from us, you agree and acknowledge that this removal from our distribution lists may take several business days after the date of you request to be removed.
- You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are required to send you relating to the services we provide.
Disclosure of your personal information
- In order to maintain the Website and deliver our services, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations and third parties insofar as reasonably necessary to provide our services to you, and for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- We may from time to time disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, (such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request). We may also use and disclose your personal information to protect our rights or property (or those of any third party) or to avoid injury to any person.
- We may disclose your personal information if there is a change of control in of Mizzen Group or a sale or transfer of our business assets. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. Where this occurs, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. We will seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Transfer of information overseas
- We use third party service providers who may disclose your personal information to parties in foreign countries. This means information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited to the European Union, China and Singapore.
- By providing personal information to us you consent to this disclosure.
Security of your personal information
- Mizzen Group is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. While we take reasonable steps to safeguard and ensure your information is held in a secure environment, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us.
- If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please contact us.
- If we no longer need your personal information, we will, take reasonable steps to destroy, securely delete or de-identify your personal information in accordance with our information retention policy (unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it).
Accuracy of personal information
- Mizzen Group takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act, and we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time. A reasonable administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances as set out in the Privacy Act.
- When contacting us, you have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if it is impracticable for us to communicate with you that way or if we are required or authorised under Australian law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send in details of your complaints to:
Mizzen Group Pty Ltd
Suite 212A, NIC Bldg,
Australian Technology Park
4 Cornwallis Street
EVELEIGH, NSW 2015
- We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please email email@example.com or send in details of your complaints to:
- You will be deemed to have consented to such variations by your continued use of the Website or our services following such changes being made.
When you visit our Website
When you come to our Website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our Website, etc. This information is used in an anonymised aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our services.
We use Google Analytics as a third party tracking service. We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our Website performs and how our users, whether they are logged in our not, in general, navigate through and use Mizzenit.com. This helps us evaluate our users' use of Mizzenit.com; compile statistical reports on activity; and improve our content and website performance
- Google Analytics gathers certain information over time, such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, time stamp, and similar data about your use of Mizzenit.com. We also collect whether you are logged in via the User ID functionality of Google Analytics. We do not link this information to any of your personal information such as your user name.
- The Website will not, nor will we allow any third party to, use the Google Analytics tool to track our users individually; collect any user personal information other than IP address; or correlate your IP address with your identity. Google provides further information about its own privacy practices and offers a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics tracking.
- Certain pages on our Website may set other third party cookies. For example, we may embed content, such as videos, from another site that sets a cookie. While we try to minimize these third party cookies, we can’t always control what cookies this third party content sets.
"Do Not Track" is a privacy preference you can set in your browser if you do not want online services to collect and share certain kinds of information about your online activity from third party tracking services. We do not track your online browsing activity on other online services over time and we do not permit third-party services to track your activity on our site beyond our basic Google Analytics tracking, which you may opt out of. Because we do not share this kind of data with third party services or permit this kind of third party data collection on the Website for any of our users, and we do not track our users on third-party websites ourselves, we do not need to respond differently to an individual browser's Do Not Track setting.
- If you are interested in turning on your browser’s privacy and Do Not Track settings, the Do Not Track website has browser-specific instructions.
- When you visit our Website
Third party sites
- Our Website may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us (Linked Sites). These Linked Sites are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. You acknowledge that Mizzen Group does not operate the Linked Sites and is not responsible for the content or privacy practises of Linked Sites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our Website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.